Scott’s multi-award winning BladeStop™ bandsaw is uniquely designed to reduce the risk of serious injury by mechanically stopping the blade when the unit senses that the operator has come in contact.
With the fastest stopping time on the market, BladeStop are global leaders in bandsaw safety with over 700 units in market, across 25 countries.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Models available for a range of processing requirements
• Fast restart functionality…no blade change required between stops…simple to use and operate
• Reduce production time lost due to injuries • Greatly reduce worker’s compensation cost
• Reduce insurance premiums • Reduce operator turnover and training costs
• Promote positive OH&S related to bandsaw operation • Reduce product spoilage
• Improve personnel morale; happy and motivated workers • Improve the company’s image as an attractive workplace
• World-leading safety bandsaw technology.
Along with touch sensing capability, BladeStop is also supplied with the GloveCheck™ sensing system. GloveCheck detects the operator’s gloves moving at high speeds in a zone directly upstream from the blade and is ideal for high speed and hand-flick cutting tasks. With revolutionary body sensing technology, BladeStop reduces the high risk of bandsaw operation related injuries, and unlike other systems on the market, employs a quick, simple and operator-friendly process.
Band saws are an essential tool in the meat processing industry, but can cause severe cuts, muscle and nerve damage, or amputations.
Woolworths Meat Company’s meat processing facility is the centre of excellence for meat production plants across the country. BladeStop has proven invaluable to the plant and bandsaw operator safety.
Morgan Advanced Materials in Greenville, South Carolina have implemented their first of many BladeStop band saws into their electrical carbon processing facility.