BladeStop™ Bandsaw is available worldwide and is uniquely designed to reduce the risk of serious injuries and improve safety by mechanically stopping the blade when the unit senses that the operator has come in contact.
BladeStop is available in two sensing methods. Upon sensing contact with the operator, the blade stops operating within 9 milliseconds. This can be a huge difference between having just a small skin cut or an amputated finger. In addition, GloveCheck can also be added which detects the operator gloves moving at high speed in a zone directly upstream from the meat saw blade. This triggers the BladeStop™ mechanism to stop the saw blade within 9 milliseconds.
Additionally, with BladeStop Connect you can get real time and historical data showing productivity status and operational log. Data is easily accessed by both operations and management from any local intranet connected device.
• Stops the blade in 0.009 seconds
• Heavy duty industrial high speed bandsaw
• No bending of the blade, no blade changing required
• Reduce production time lost due to injuries
• Greatly reduce worker’s compensation cost
• Reduce insurance premiums
• Reduce operator turnover and training costs
• Promote positive OH&S related to bandsaw operation
• Reduce product spoilage
• Improve personnel morale; happy and motivated workers
• Improve the company’s image as an attractive workplace
Band saws are an essential tool in the meat processing industry, but can cause severe cuts, muscle and nerve damage, or amputations.
Woolworths Meat Company’s meat processing facility is the centre of excellence for meat production plants across the country. BladeStop has proven invaluable to the plant and bandsaw operator safety.