MAR are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who wishes to further their career working with robotic systems.
The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge and hands-on experience and will contribute to the success and profitability of Machinery Automation Robotics (MAR) by providing leading and innovative system design incorporating the latest in automation and robotic technology in line with the MAR designated standards and platforms.
Reporting to the Design Team Manager, you will be responsible for and be skilled in the following areas:
- Responsible for design and build of all mechanical systems including drawings using SOLIDWORKS
- Research the use of new products including how they work and associated technical information
- Ensure all design concepts are interpreted into practical solutions.
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical skills & experience in design, manufacture and installation of Mechanical Automation
- Demonstrated design for manufacture experience (welding, machining, assembly)
- Ability to develop practical design solutions to complex mechanical problems/challenges (strength, stiffness, functionality, fit for purpose)
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity capability
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service attitude
- Demonstrated ability to build effective business relationships
- Excellent self-management skills, including record keeping and performance analysis
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed in an outcome based environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and commit to timelines
- High degree of initiative
- Current driver’s license
- Drive to learn new technologies.
The successful applicant MUST have 5 to 10 years experience in the workforce (post qualification), and be able to demonstrate a technical proficiency in understanding and working within a similar environment.
A Position Description is available on request.
You must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, plus a desire to see projects through, from design to completion.
Ability to travel interstate on occasion will be required.
An attractive remuneration package is available and will be negotiated in line with knowledge and experience.
Machinery Automation and Robotics (MAR) designs, builds and integrates automated manufacturing solutions incorporating advanced robotics, providing leading Australasian companies with a competitive edge.
To apply for this position please email your CV including a cover letter to Sarjeet Arkan