Reduce the risk of serious injury with a BladeStop bandsaw. Specifically designed for the Meat Industry to improve safety. BladeStop™ is available worldwide and is uniquely designed to reduce risks of serious injury by mechanically stopping the bandsaw blade when the unit senses that a person has come in contact with the blade. With hundreds of installations worldwide Bladestop is fast becoming the industrial meat band saw of choice for workers in the Meat Processing Industry.
Features of the Latest BladeStop 400 Series II
- Faster Stopping Time (Industry leading stopping time – Blade stops within 0.009 seconds)
- Fast Restart Capability
- No Bending of the Blade
- No Changing of the Blade Required
Note: Upgrade Kits are available for BladeStop Series I Bandsaws.
BladeStop is available in two sensing methods:
- Upon sensing contact with the operator, the blade stops operating within 0.009 seconds. This can be a huge difference between having just a small skin cut or an amputated finger.
- The sensing system detects operator gloves moving at high speed in a zone directly upstream from the saw blade and triggers the BladeStop™ mechanism to stop the meat band saw blade.
Benefits of a BladeStop band saw
- Safety – Increase band saw operator’s safety; reduce horrific injuries
- Worker Morale – Improve personnel morale; happy and motivated workers
- Company image – Improve company’s image as an attractive workplace
- Production – Reduce production time lost due to injuries
- Workers Compensation – Greatly reduce worker’s compensation cost
- Insurance – Reduce insurance premiums
- Uptime – Increase processing uptime
- Staffing – Reduce operator turnover and training costs
- OH&S – Promote positive OH&S related to band saw operation
- Spoilage – Reduce product spoilage