Robots and people working together
Scott Automation & Robotics we are excited to be able to offer the next generation of collaborative robots to Australian manufacturers. These robots will not only provide cost efficiencies, but provide the flexibility to easily move and reprogram the one robot for different production lines as required, making them ideal for small batch manufacturers.
Universal Robots Collaborate robots (co-bots) range are perfect for dirty, dangerous, and dull jobs to reduce repetitive strain and accidental injuries. Eighty percent of the thousands of UR robots worldwide operate with no safety guarding (subject to a risk assessment), right beside human operators. The safety system of the Universal Robtos is approved and certified by TÜV (The German Technical Inspection Association).
About Universal Robots
Universal Robots makes robot technology accessible to all levels of industry. The Danish company has taken the world by storm with unique industrial robots that optimise production in ever expanding markets. By offering a user-friendly, affordable robot, Universal Robots lowers the automation barrier enabling automation in areas previously considered too complex or costly.
Universal Robots (UR) is at the forefront of a new emerging reality, launching a new class of robots, dubbed “collaborative robots” due to their ability to work directly alongside employees with no safety caging. These kinds of co-bots are poised to bridge the gap between fully-manual assembly and fully-automated manufacturing lines. Nowhere is that more obvious than in the SME sector, that up until now viewed robot automation as too costly and complex to even consider.
Three Types of Robots Available
- UR3: Can handle payloads of up to 3 kilos (6.6 lbs). Working radius: 500 mm (19.7 in)
- UR5: Can handle payloads of up to 5 kilos (11 lbs). Working radius: 850 mm (33.5 in)
- UR10: Can handle payloads of up to 10 kilos (22 lbs). Working radius: 1300 mm (51.2)
Benefits of Collaborative Robot Arms from Universal Robots
- Simple to program
- Easy to install
- Flexible deployment
- Adjustable safety functions
- Collaborative robots – can run without safety guarding, based on the results of a risk assessment
- Fast payback period (quick ROI)
- Works independently without any need for human monitoring and control
- Extremely quiet – no irritating robot noise
- Modular design
- TÜV approved
- True Absolute Encoders – no need for encoder battery backup
- Multiple I/O’s – seamless integration with external machinery
Universal Robots give you all the advantages of advanced robotic automation, with none of the traditional added costs associated with robot programming, set-up, and dedicated, shielded work cells. Finally, robotic automation is affordable for small and medium sized enterprises.