This is an exciting position for an experienced, Service / Project – Engineer who wishes to further their career working with advanced automation systems.
Support industrial clients in fault diagnosis, maintenance and upgrade of existing plant and design, installation, programming and commissioning of new plant
Such plant would include PLC systems, Drives, HMI and SCADA systems through to robot based automation and vision / sensing systems.
Our clients are based in Sydney metro through to country regional, interstate and overseas.
- Electrician Trade Certificate preferably with Electrical Engineering Certificate or Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics is required
- PLC programming required
- Proven field service experience and the ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Exceptional customer service attitude and the ability to build positive relationships with customers
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Manage all onsite installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- HMI, Robotic & SCADA programming
- Vision programming and maintenance skills preferred
- Working knowledge of sensing technologies and their application to projects, eg. X-ray, CT or hyperspectral imaging.
The successful applicant MUST have:
- 2 to 5 years experience in the workforce (post qualification),
- Able to demonstrate a technical proficiency & working with electromechanical automation and industrial machinery.
- Proven competence, experience, and appropriate qualifications working with the following technologies will be very favourably considered:
- Rockwell, Siemens PLCs
- Electrical wiring of industrial equipment
- Machine building, installation & commissioning
- MIG and TIG welding
- Turning and Milling
You must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, plus a desire to see projects through, from design to completion.
Ability to travel interstate on occasion will be required.
An attractive remuneration package is available and will be negotiated in line with knowledge and experience.
Scott Automation and Robotics designs, builds and integrates automated manufacturing solutions incorporating advanced robotics, providing leading Australasian companies with a competitive edge.
Applicants must be an Australian resident
Further information and to apply for the position